Apricots, both fresh and dried, make a simple and tasty snack or a great addition to your favorite dinner. If you wish to incorporate apricot into your diet, here are some popular ways:
- Mix them into trail mix or granola
- Evening munchies
- Diced addition to the yogurt or salad
- Used in jams, preserves, and salsa
- Sewed in a slow-cooker with meat, such as poultry or beef
- Used in sweets like pies, cookies, and pastries
Wondering what makes apricot dry fruit online shopping a great addition to your daily meal? Here are some health benefits of apricots:
- Nutritious and low in Calories – Apricots are rich in nutrients and vitamins. Additionally, they provide essential nutrients such as lutein and zeaxanthin, which assist in fighting off free radicals in the body. One of the benefits of unpeeled apricots is the vast volume of fibre in the flesh. Remember to get rid of the rock, since it is impermeable. They have fewer calories and less fat but high in vitamins A and C.
- Rich in antioxidants – Beta-Carotene and vitamin E are abundant in apricots. They are also an outstanding source of polyphenols, whose antidiabetic and cardioprotective effects have been known to be beneficial.
- Good for eye health – The apricots offer multiple eye benefits, particularly vitamin A and E.
Vitamin A prevents night vision by preserving a healthy supply of fat-soluble antioxidants in your eye’s membrane, whereas vitamin E is fat-soluble and specifically counteracts oxidative stress.
- Improves skin health – While wrinkles and skin loss may be induced by exposure to the sun, air pollution, smoking, and tobacco, they are not the most common environmental factors.
If you are chronically subject to intense sunlight, you have a twofold higher chance of contracting melanoma, which is an aggressive type of skin cancer. Apricots are known to improve skin health.
- Gut health improves – Soluble fibre dissolves in water and insoluble fibre does not. In contrast to the soluble fibres, insoluble fibres do not break down in the water and are referred to as polysaccharides and hemoellins.
It is good to have a lot of soluble fibre present in apricots, especially for maintaining healthy levels of blood sugar and cholesterol.
- High potassium content – It assists in the transmission of nerve impulses and in addition to helping to regulate fluid and electrolyte equilibrium. Since potassium-rich foods can help to lower the risk of heart attack and stroke, experts suggest incorporating them into the diet.
- Hydration – Apricots are rich in water by nature, which is beneficial for keeping hydrated. Hydration is critical for several health factors, including helping with blood pressure troubles and regulating the heart rate.
Apricot dry fruit online shopping is available at our online store, SDH Nuts & Fruits store. Place your order today dried fruits of your choice. We extend a variety of nuts and dry fruits, make your pistachio nuts online purchase with us, along with almond, dry mango, and many more. Browse through our store to know more!